Thursday, April 5, 2012

Daily 4/5

Daily accountability

Diet 4.8 out of 5 (had extra fruit today) Exercise circuit training  and walking ,, steps 16997,H2O 52 oz
menu
breakfast sausage on dry toast and half an orange
snack yogurt
lunch veggie enchiladas (recipe below )
grapes after lunch 
snack apple and peanut butter
dinner  chicken & vegetable stir fry

Some of my meals are  vegetarian . Before my diagnoses of celiacs I was vegan or vegetarian for most of my adult life.   When I became ill , I was intolerant of  many of the foods I had relied on for protein while vegan . I am able to tolerate most of them now (except gluten and soy )   My RD wants me to eat as much  protein as I can but she also understands that large amounts of aminal protein is difficult  for me so she did include quite a number of vegetarian meals in my menu plan.

Vegetable Enchiladas

Ingredients:
2 tortilla(s) - corn
1/2 cup(s) beans - pinto (cooked)
1/2 cup(s) salsa
2 oz cheese - Cheddar (low fat, shredded/grated)
2 tbsp(s) cream - sour (light)
1/4 oz spinach leaves - fresh
1/4 cup(s) onion(s) - medium

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop half onion. In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions and spinach.
2. Fill corn tortillas with pinto beans and sautéed vegetables. Roll to enclose, and place in a casserole dish. Top with salsa and shredded cheese. Bake at 350°F until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream.
3. Tip: 2 oz. shredded low fat Cheddar cheese is ½ cup.


I have been on my RD's menu plan for about thirty day so tomorrow my trainer is doing a weight, measure and the DREADED FAT PERCENT  then will compare to last month . I am looking forward to it but at the same time I am a bit apprehensive .

****Edit to add  **** I was wrong about the date for weight,measure and fat percent . It is not until next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment