Saturday, March 3, 2012

I am taking a 4 day weekend

I am taking a 4 day weekend.
 My last night working 3rd shift was Thursday night. I came home Friday morning and  took a short nap so I could make it thru until bedtime. A REGULAR bedtime :) I am off work for a few days so I can try to get my sleep pattern turned back around.

I feel very strongly that working 3rd shift  hindered my weight loss efforts . So now  that I am back on days, no more excuses.

I have started following the food plan my GI doc set up for me.
 All I can say is that it is a REALLY good thing I trust this guy. I mean I want to call him and ask him if he is sure a human being can survive on such a small amount of food.
But I do trust him . He has gotten me thru 2 years of digestive and nutritional Hell . Also the fact that he is a slender man helps . There is nothing worse that a doctor telling you that you need to be on a diet / how to diet when he is setting there extremely over weight  him self.

To be truthful the hunger is there but what is worse is  I am at loss about what to do . Shopping for food,preparing meals,baking  and eating have taken up so much of my time in the past.My head keeps thinking I need to make a meal or go to the store for something. But the reality is I do not. I have to make a pot of rice later (  stir fry for dinner) but thats it. I truly don't know what to do with my self today. Being tired and wanting to nap(  I am used to sleeping this time of day) isn't helping either..
 Maybe I will start some spring cleaning,  then again maybe not ,lol

** edit to add**
I decided that after my walk I am going to do a little retail therapy. I need a new rice steamer  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Shopping always works for me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... I've fought hunger with shopping and exercise and all sorts of distraction. It works, but I really have to lay off spending money. heh. I've taken to cleaning and throwing away all the crap in my house before I move.

    I'm glad that your GI doc can help you through this. Sometimes specific and tailored help is a Godsend. Could you imagine doing it with out him!?

    ReplyDelete