Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Working 3rd shift

I am currently working 3rd shift. Well for the next 2 weeks anyway. I got the official word today that I am going back to working days.WOOO HOOO I am soooooooooooo excited :)

Some people do well and enjoy working 3rd shift. I apparently am not one of them .

About a year ago  I was offered a position on 3rd shift. It came with a raise and more responsibility . After considering it ,I decided to take the position. I figured ,I live alone, no one else's  schedule to consider, I never slept any way,lol ,why not.
 Boy was I wrong!! I had no idea what sleep derivation was until  working 3rd shift.

At first  it was fine, I would work at night , sleep during the day and I still had my evenings .

 I did  alright  for about the first 9 or 10 months. Then for some unknown reason, I started having trouble sleeping during the day, no matter how tired I was.
 I tried all the tricks, Darking shades, fan for white noise, everything I could think of, but I still could not sleep more than 3 or 4 hours during the  day :(   But I could sleep 7 or 8  hours on my nights off and feel great .

Then about a month ago, a position on days came open, same pay ,same responsibilitys as my current position on 3rd. So I put in for it. I did not get it .
That made me realize  how much I WANT BACK ON DAYS!!!
So after some heavy consideration ,I put in for another day position , lower pay,less responsibility but I get to sleep at night :)
So the first full week in March I am back to the land of the living ,  DAYTIME :) I am a HAPPY girl,poorer but HAPPIER :)

** as an after thought**
I have read that working nights can effect weight loss/gains , so I am wondering when I go back to working days and sleeping nights, how/if  it will effect my weight loss efforts

1 comment:

  1. Quality sleep is so paramount to weight loss! I'm so happy you get to move up to days. A regular schedule reduces a lot of stress. Hopefully making less doesn't bring too much more stress back to you though.

    Keep going! :) How's your eating and exercise going?

    ReplyDelete